Best results are achieved by following the guidelines below:
- Remove unwanted hair at least 24 hrs before treatment, not on the day, this gives your skin time to heal and pores to close.
- Exfoliate skin so your tan won’t become uneven or fade quickly and moisturise the day before.Concentrate on knees, ankles, elbows – all those knobbly bits you might usually neglect. Use an exfoliating lotion daily for a week or so before your session and, on that morning, scrub yourself with a dry mitt for best results.
- If you have sensitive skin, get a patch test 24hr prior to tanning.
- Do not use deodorant, perfume, body lotions/oils on the day of tan.
- The best way to protect your nails from staining is to paint them with a coat of clear nail varnish before your appointment.
- Wear loose clothing, sandals or flip flops.
- Avoid wearing make up and moisturiser, as these act as barriers to the spray & stop the process from working.
- The following morning after showering, dab your skin dry instead of rubbing it with a towel and moisturise your skin daily – this will help the tan to last longer, as well as keeping your skin feeling smooth and supple. Also avoid spending too long in swimming pools as the chlorine can fade the tan.